The 29th annual International Mawlid-un-Nabi Conference (SAW) was held at historic Minar-e-Pakistan on January 24 (the intervening night between 11th and 12th of Rabi-ul-Awal) under the banner of Minhaj-ul-Quran International. Despite harsh and cold weather, the hundreds of thousands of believers attended the mega event with religious zeal and fervor. Their passion and commitment was matchless and the entire venue presented an indelible look.
The programme was divided into two parts. The first part of the Mawlid-un-Nabi (SAW) got underway with the recitation from the Holy Quran by Qari Ghulam Mustafa and Qari Ibrar Ahmad Madani. The recitation was followed by presentation of Naats, which continued till 12:30 a.m.
Qari Allah Baskh Naqashbandi recited verses from the Holy Quran in his melodious voice to commence the second part of the programme. Dr Hassan Mohi-ud-Din Qadri and Dr Hussain Mohi-ud-Din Qadri jointly presided over the programme. Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri delivered his keynote address to the participants of the Conference from his residence through video conferencing.
The proceedings of the International Mawlid-un-Nabi Conference (SAW) were telecast live around the world by Channel 92. ARY News, QTV and other national TV networks also broadcast the proceedings of the mega event after 11:30 p.m. The representatives of other faiths also attended the Conference in order to show solidarity with the Muslims on their festive occasion.
The scholars addressed the Conference and threw light on various aspects of the blessed life and teachings of the Holy Prophet (SAW). Those who spoke to the participants included Allama Muhammad Sadiq Qureshi, Allama Rana Muhammad Idrees Qadri, Allama Farhat Hussain Shah, Hindu leader Pundit Baghat Laal and other leaders of minority communities.
Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri gave his keynote speech from his residence through video conferencing. He chose the subject of excellent moral conduct of the Holy Prophet (SAW) for his speech. He said that moral conduct of the Holy Prophet (SAW) is a role model for the entire humanity. He said that no effort was spared to create hurdles in the way of the Holy Prophet (SAW) and the worst treatment was meted out to him but still the Prophet of Allah (SAW) remained steadfast and peaceful in the face of these insults and oppression and did not resort to tit for tat.
Dr Tahir-ul-Qadri said that if we took a leaf from the blessed life of the Holy Prophet (SAW) and acted upon his teachings, most of the disorders and failings afflicting our individual and collective life would end automatically within no time. He regretted that we have distanced ourselves from the essence of Prophetic message due to lack of meditation and deep thinking, which has led us to become conservative and extremist in our outlook as well as actions with the result that we are not ready to bear others who hold different opinions.
Dr Tahir-ul-Qadri said that the birth of the Holy Prophet (SAW) was mentioned in Torah and manifest signs were mentioned regarding his excellent moral conduct. The personality and teachings of the Holy Prophet (SAW) are a role model for the entire humanity without any discrimination.
Dr Qadri said that in the light of Prophetic Sunna, whosoever would rise up to spread the message of truth and uphold the banner of good would end up facing huge difficulties on his way. He said that we do not have to give up on our forbearance and endurance in the face of harsh criticism. He said that there would be no tit for tat, and no abuse would be returned with an abuse. He said that we were the people who employed rationality and arguments to put across our point of view and would not let go of our nobility, good demeanor and respect for dissent.
Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri said that ours was a society which was marked by a vast and widening disconnect between haves and have-nots. He said that there were people who did not have access to basic necessities of life on the one hand and there were others who had monopoly on everything on the other. He added that this class division had eaten into our vitals both morally as well as physically.
Dr Qadri said that the Holy Prophet (SAW) established an egalitarian society in the city state of Madina by empowering people socially as well as economically. He said that the Prophet (SAW) ordered distribution of resources so as to eliminate socio-economic injustice and set up a society based on equality and rule of law. He said that we needed to implement the Prophet’s Sunna in our lives, which would take of our worries in the longer run.
- At 9:45 p.m., Rana Muhammad Idrees Qadri addressed the Conference and delivered his talk on the subject of Mawlid-un-Nabi (SAW) and Pakistani culture.
- At 10:15 p.m., Minhaj Naat Council presented Naat.
- Allama Farhat Hussain Shah, central Secretary General of Minhaj Ulama Council, addressed the Conference at 10:37 p.m.
- At 11:07 p.m, Qari Ibrar Ahmad Madni recited from the Holy Quran in his melodious voice and characteristic style, which the audience liked very much.
- A delegation of Hindu and Sikh leaders came to attend the Conference alone with Sohail Ahmad Raza at 11:30 p.m.
- Shahzad Hanif Madni presented Naat at 11:45 p.m.
- Pundit Baghat Laal and other leaders of minority communities also expressed their views in the Conference.
- The second part of the Conference got underway with the recitation of the Holy Quran by Qari Allah Baksh Naqashbandi at 12:15 a.m.
- At 12:30 p.m., Dr Hassan Mohi-ud-Din Qadri and Dr Hussain Mohi-ud-Din Qadri came to the main stage. They were extended very warm welcome on arrival.
- Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri started his keynote address at 2:20 a.m., through video conferencing.
- He chose the subject of excellent moral conduct for his speech.
- The address of Dr Tahir-ul-Qadri ended at 4:15 a.m., followed by recital of Durood and salutation on the Prophet (SAW) by Muhammad Afzal Noshahi and Minhaj Naat Council.
- Fireworks were displayed in the International Mawlid-un-Nabi Conference (SAW) during recital of Durood sharif.
- The skies were presenting beautiful scene at the time of display of fireworks.
- The Dua led by Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri concluded the International Mawlid-un-Nabi Conference (SAW) at 4:45 a.m.